- Connect the prepared USB memory stick to the target device and switch the target device on.
- Select one of the following options from the boot menu:
- UDC installation: Boots the system with just a few messages from the USB memory stick and launches the installation program. (Default)
- UDC installation (verbose): Boots the system from the USB memory stick and shows the Linux boot messages in the process.
- UDC Installation (Vesa only): Fallback mode to be used if the graphical boot screen cannot be displayed.
- Memtest86+: Memory test, only available in legacy/BIOS mode. This option does not carry out an installation.
- EFI debug shell: Available only in UEFI boot mode. If the hardware in use is EFI capable, boot problems can be analyzed with that.
- Choose your language: Select the language for the installation process.
- Confirm the license agreement (up to IGEL Linux 10.03.100) resp. accept the EULA (from IGEL Linux 10.04.100 onwards)
Installation program: Here, you can configure settings for the installation process and start it. Check the target drive to ensure that the system is installed on the desired drive.The installation will destroy all existing data on the target drive.
The following options are available:
- Migrate old settings:
☑ Carries over the settings from a previously installed IGEL Linux 10 system. (Default)
- Force legacy installation (only available after UEFI boot)
☑ The legacy/BIOS version of IGEL Linux will be installed, even if the system was booted in UEFI mode.Remember to set the system to legacy/BIOS mode after installation.
☐ UEFI booting results in a UEFI installation, and legacy/BIOS booting in a legacy/BIOS installation. (Default)
- Edit: Open the IGEL setup where you can configure settings for the system to be installed.
- Reset: Resets all changes to the setup made with Edit.
- Install firmware: Starts the installation process.
- Cancel: Cancels configuration for the installation and shuts down the device.
- Migrate old settings:
- Click on Install firmware.
The installation program will set up IGEL Linux on the target drive. If you see the IGEL Universal Desktop Converter build finished successfully message, the installation is complete.
- Detach any external network adapters from the device.
In this way, you ensure that the unit ID for the device is derived from the built-in network adapter. The unit ID will be saved on the device persistently, regardless of any external network adapter that may be used in the future. This is important for licensing.
- Click on Reboot at the bottom of the installation window.
- Remove the USB memory stick.
- Close the message window.
The system will shut down and then boot IGEL Linux.