In the UEFI settings you can modify very fundamental system properties, e.g. disable booting from USB. Access to these settings should be protected by a password.
Instructions for IGEL UD LX devices
By default no UEFI password is set on IGEL UD devices. To set a password, do the following:
- Hold down the [Del] key ([F2] key for UD2) while booting.
The UEFI menu opens.
- Using the arrow and return keys, go to SCU.
The Setup Utility opens.
- Using the arrow and return keys, go to Security.
- Use the arrow keys to select Set Supervisor Password
- Hit [Return].
- Enter the desired UEFI password and hit [Return]
- Enter the same UEFI password again and hit [Return] twice.
- Hit [F10] in order to save and exit.
- Confirm Exit Saving Changes? by hitting [Return].
The system boots, and the UEFI settings are now password-protected
Instructions for 3rd-party devices converted with UDC3
Refer to the instructions of your BIOS/UEFI vendor