This document describes how to activate a hardware-accelerated H.264 deep compression codec for Citrix sessions.
- Licensed IGEL Multimedia Codec Pack
- IGEL UD device offering hardware video acceleration, see the FAQ Hardware Video Acceleration on IGEL OS.
- Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop server with active H.264 display mode
See http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX200370 to learn how to determine the display mode.
Activating the Codec
- In Setup, go to System > Firmware Customization > Features.
- Enable Hardware Video Acceleration.
- Go to Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp > Citrix Receiver Selection.
Select Citrix Receiver Version.
- Go to Sessions > Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp > HDX / ICA Global > Codec.
- Set Graphical Codec to H.264 Deep Compression Codec.
- Enable Accelerated H.264 Deep Compression Codec.
- Hardware-accelerated HDX only works with 256 MB video memory or more. Video memory must be adjusted in the system BIOS. The default is 128 MB.
- Seamless window mode is not supported.
- Desktop sessions spanning 2 monitors are not supported.
- Desktop sessions on rotated screens may flicker (depending on the screen resolution).
If you use the Citrix Receiver 13.5 or older in combination with a Citrix Server 7.15, the Build to Lossless option for Visual Quality will not work under Linux.
With IGEL Linux version 10.05.100 the Build to Lossless option for the Visual Quality policy will work on the condition that you are using Citrix Receiver 13.6 or younger and the Use Video Codec policy is set to For actively changing regions.