When you change the key mapping in the IBM iAccess client, the changes are not retained when the client is restarted.
Applying the changes via IGEL Setup is not possible.
- IGEL OS 10.05.100 or higher
- UMS 5.09.110 or higher
- IBM iAccess Client session is set up
Save the settings made in the IBM iAccess client in a file and distribute that file via the UMS.
Editing the Key Mappings
- Open the IBM iAccess session and log on to your remote environment.
- In the IBM iAccess client, go to Edit > Preferences > Keyboard.
- On the Key Assignment tab, create the desired key bindings.
- When you are finished creating key bindings, click Save as....
- In the save dialog, choose File and edit the file path as follows:
- Click OK.
The IBM iAccess client will recognize the file
IBMi.kmpas the default key.
Importing the Configuration File to the UMS
- Open the UMS.
- In the navigation tree, find the thin client with the
IBMi.kmpfile and select Other Thin Client commands > File TC->UMS in the context menu.
- Under Thin Client file location, enter
- Click to open the Save dialog.
- Choose a file location within the
- Under File Name, enter
IBMi.kmpand click Save.
- Click TC->UMS.
The file is stored within the UMS. Next, we will make it available as an object.
Creating the File Object in the UMS
- In the navigation tree, go to Files, open the context menu and choose New file.
- In the New file dialog, choose Select file from UMS server and click to open the file dialog.
- In the file dialog, find the file
IBMi.kmpyou created previously, and click Open.
- Back in the New file dialog, enter the Thin Client file location as follows:
- Ensure that the Access rights and Owner are set as follows:
- Owner rights: Read, Write, Execute
- Owner: "User"
- Click Ok.
The file object "IBMi.kmp" is created.
Assigning the File Object to Thin Clients
- In the navigation tree, select the file object "IBMi.kmp" and click in the Assigned objects area (upper right).
- In the Select assignable objects dialog, select the thin clients to which you want to assign the new key mapping and add them to the Selected objects area.
- Click Ok.
- In the Update time dialog, choose whether the file should be assigned to the thin clients at next reboot or immediately; then, click Ok.
The file is transferred to the thin clients.