Menu path: Setup > Sessions > X Sessions > [session name] > Server
Connection type: Connection type for the XDMCP session
- Indirect via localhost: At startup, the thin client generates a list of found XDMCP hosts. The user can select a host.
- Indirect: At startup, a list of XDMCP hosts is displayed. This list is generated by the server specified under Name or IP of server. The user can select a host.
- Direct: The login mask of the host specified under Name or IP of server is displayed
- Broadcast: The thin client starts a broadcast request. The login mask of that XDMCP host is displayed which responds first.
- Local display: The command specified under Command to be displayed is run.
Name or IP of server: Hostname or IP address of the XDMCP server
Command to be displayed: Command to be executed. The display is set in the DISPLAY environment variable.
☑ Access to this display from other computers will be controlled.
Terminate after one session
☑ The session is terminated when the user has logged out from the remote server.
Use quit hotkey
☑ The session can be terminated with a hotkey. A hotkey consists of one or more modifiers and a key.
Modifiers: A modifier or a combination of several modifiers for the hotkey. You can select a set key symbol/combination or your own key symbol/combination. A key symbol is a defined chain of characters, e.g.
Ctrl. Here, you will find the available modifiers and the associated key symbols:
- (No modifier) =
- [Ctrl] =
- [Alt] =
Key combinations are formed as follows with
Quit hotkey: Key for the hotkey
xev -event keyboard. Press the key to be used for the hotkey. The text in brackets that begins with
keysymcontains the key symbol for the Key field. Example:
(keysym 0xff09, Tab)
☑ The XDCMP session is displayed in fullscreen mode.
Use fullscreen restricted to workarea
☑ The thin client's local taskbar is visible.
Window size: Window size for the XDMCP session. Default: 640x480
Color depth: Color depth for the XDMCP session.
- Same as display: The system settings for the thin client is used.
- 256 colors
- 65535 colors
- True Color (24)
- True Color (32)
Color allocation policy
Start monitor: Selects the monitor on which the XDMCP session ist displayed.
- No configuration: The monitor is selected according to already existing windows and to the current position the mouse pointer.
- 1st monitor
- 2nd monitor
- Fullscreen on all monitors