Setup assistant buttons:
Next: Go to the next configuration step
Back: Go back to the previous step
Cancel: Exit the setup assistant without saving changes to the configuration. Changes to the time and date will however remain effective.
Language: Select the language for the user interface.
You must accept the EULA to continue with setting up and using your thin client.
Click I agree to continue with the setup.
Keyboard layout: Select the keyboard layout. The selected layout applies for all parts of the system including emulations, window sessions and X11 applications.
Time Zone Continent/Area
Timezone continent/area: Select the continent/area for your location.
- General: Under Location, you can select a GMT time zone.
- Africa ... Pacific: Under Location, you can select a city for the selected continent/area.
Location: Select your location or time zone.
Time and Date
Date: Select the current date.
Time: Set the current local time.
Apply: Sets the system clock according to what is entered above.
In the basic mode (default), you can make the following settings:
Country: The country of your provider.
Provider: Provider (the possible options depend on what you choose for Country)
APN/Plan: APN/Plan (the possible options depend on what you choose for Provider)
For more configuration options, click the Expert Mode button.
In the expert mode, you can make the following settings:
- Enabled: Determines if the settings made in the expert mode are used. (Default: Enabled)
- APN: APN (Access Point Name) for your network connection. If you do not know the APN, ask your mobile communications operator for it.
- Network ID: Network ID for your network connection. If you do not know the network ID, ask your mobile communications operator for it.
- Number: Access number for your network connection. If you do not know the access number, ask your mobile communications operator for it.
- User name: User name for your network connection. If you do not know the user name, ask your mobile communications operator for it.
- Password: Password for your network connection. If you do not know the password, ask your mobile communications operator for it.
- PIN: PIN for the SIM card used.
This configuration step is available if a WLAN adapter was found when starting the device. The device will search for available WLAN access points as soon as the configuration step is opened. The WLAN access points found will be listed. You can then connect to your desired WLAN access point.
Wireless regulatory domain: In the first selection menu, select the world region (example: Europe) in which you are situated and in the second one the country (example: United Kingdom).
: Searches again for WLAN access points.
: Opens a dialog which allows you to enter the WLAN name (SSID) of a hidden WLAN access point.
(Name of a WLAN access point in the list): Click on your desired WLAN access point and enter your access data in the dialog.
Once the connection is established, the symbol will be shown in the Connected column.
This page is shown if for any reason no network connectivity is available.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
Activate Your UD Pocket
When you start a UD Pocket Demo, you can obtain an evaluation license. With this evaluation license, all features of the UD Pocket are available for a period.
If you get an error at this stage of the wizard, you may need to configure a proxy. Click Proxy configuration in the upper right of the wizard to get to the proxy configuration dialog.
Possible proxy settings:
- Use proxy server: Determines if the proxy settings are used. (Default: Disabled)
- HTTP Proxy: HTTP Proxy
- Port: Port of HTTP proxy
- SSL Proxy: SSL proxy
- Port: Port of SSL Proxy
- SOCKS Host: SOCKS Host
Port: Port of SOCKS host
The user name and password are the credentials for all proxy types configurable here (HTTP, SSL and SOCKS).
- User name: User name for authentication
- Password: Password for authentication
- Store credentials: Determines if the credentials are stored. (Default: Disabled)
Proceed as as follows:
- Make your choice as required and fill in all fields.
ICG Agent Setup
If your system administrator has given you access data for IGEL Cloud Gateway, you can connect the thin client to the gateway here.
You will find instructions for this under Using ICG Agent Setup.
Otherwise, do not touch this page and click on Skip or Next.
Finish: Saves all settings and closes the Setup Assistant. If you have changed the language, the X11 graphics system will restart; the screen will go black for a short time. If you have a UD Pocket Demo, a restart is required to finish the activation.