- On devices with 2 GB of flash storage, it could happen that there is not enough space for updating all features. In this case, a corresponding error message occurs. Check Updating to IGEL OS 11.04 or Higher on a Device with Small Storage for a solution.
- Firefox IGEL extensions are not updated automatically under some circumstances. After an update from 11.03.xxx to 11.04.100, the IGEL extensions will stay on the old version.
In this case, the following settings concerning kiosk mode cannot be executed:
- Switch off hotkey for new window/tab
- Blocking of internal browser pages like preferences, file picker, specific local directories
As a workaround:
- a reset to defaults should be performed
- or the browser's mimetype template can be switched from "Standard" to "Minimal" by registry key
browserglobal.app.mimetypes_template. There, the browser profile is renewed as well.
After the TC received the new setting, reboot and set the
mimetypes_templateregistry key to "Standard" again.
- With activated DRI3 and an AMD GPU Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin could freeze. Selective H.264 mode (API v2) is not affected from this issue.
- Citrix has known issues with GStreamer1.0 which describe problems with multimedia redirection of H.264, MPEG1 and MPEG2. GStreamer1.0 is used if browser content redirection is active.
- Browser content redirection does not work with activated DRI3 and hardware accelerated H.264 deep compression codec.
- Citrix StoreFront login with Gemalto smartcard middleware does not detect smartcard correctly if the card is inserted after start of login.
Workaround: Insert the smartcard before starting the StoreFront login.
- Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin does not work with enabled server policy Optimize for 3D graphics workload in combination with server policy Use video codec compression > For the entire screen.
To launch multiple desktop sessions with Citrix HDX RTME and Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin, the following registry key must be enabled.More...
Parameter Activate workaround for dual RTME sessions and H264 acceleration Registry
Value enabled / disabled
This workaround is not applicable when "Enable Secure ICA" is active for the specific delivery group.
- During the running Microsoft Teams Optimization of Citrix Workspace App 20.06/20.09, webcam redirection or screen sharing may lead to display errors like black stripes or flickering.
- The performance of Citrix sessions when using Workspace App 20.06 may be lower on some devices.
A possible workaround is to disable the virtual channels for Microsoft Teams and NSAP or to set the HDX transport protocol to TCP only.
The protocol can be set via the Setup parameter Sessions > Citrix > Citrix Global > Options > HDX Adaptive Transport over EDT or via the server policy 'HDX Adaptive Transport'.
- Client drive mapping and USB redirection for storage devices should not be enabled both at the same time.
- On the one hand, when using USB redirection for storage devices: The USB on-insertion feature is only working when the client drive mapping is switched off. In the IGEL Setup client drive mapping can be found in: Sessions > Horizon Client > Horizon Client Global > Drive Mapping > Enable Drive Mapping. It is also recommended to disable local Storage Hotplug on setup page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- On the other hand, when using drive mapping instead, it is recommended to either switch off USB redirection entirely or at least deny storage devices by adding a filter to the USB class rules. Furthermore, Horizon Client relies on the OS to mount the storage devices itself. Enable local `Storage Hotplug` on Setup page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- External drives mounted already before connection do not appear in the remote desktop. Workaround: map the directory /media as a drive. Then the external devices will show up inside the media drive.
- After the disconnect of an RDP-based session, the Horizon main window which contains the server or sessions overview cannot be resized anymore.
- Seamless application windows in Horizon Client may not be displayed correctly. When starting the first seamless app, a new iconified window appears in the taskbar, and only if you click on it, the application will show up.
On some hardware (UD7-H850, UD2-M250, UD2-D220), however, the client aborts when this new window is de-iconified.
- When using the RDP protocol, the remote session has a fixed offset of approximately the height of the menu bar. That means you have a black bar on top of the window and as a result of that, the Windows panel on the bottom is cut off.
- Modifier keys
(Shift/Ctrl/Win/Alt) in session windows using RDP protocol do not send the keyup event and thus keep being pressed even when actually released. Only when you leave the session with the mouse, the modifiers are reset.
- Copying a text from Horizon Blast sessions is not possible.
- The on-screen keyboard in Horizon appliance mode doesn't work correctly with local logon.
You have to switch off the local logon and switch on these two keys in the IGEL registry:
- TP-Link Archer T2UH Wi-Fi adapters does not work after system suspend/resume. Workaround: Disable system suspend at IGEL Setup > System > Power Options > Shutdown.
- Native USB redirection does not work with Parallels Client.
- Citrix Certificate Identity Declaration login does not work with SecMaker smartcards.
- Multimedia redirection with GStreamer could fail with the Nouveau GPU driver.
- Hyper-V (Generation 2) needs a lot of memory (RAM). The machine needs a sufficient amount of memory allocated.
- The current VirtualBox Guest Tools/Drivers will not work with VirtualBox 5.2.x or older hosts which leads to a black screen and non-working graphics.
Possible workaround: Install with 'Failsafe Installation + Recovery' and set the registry key
- When running in VirtualBox virtualization, resizing the window will not automatically change desktop resolution of IGEL OS guest.
- Audio jack detection on Advantech POC-W243L doesn't work. Therefore, sound output goes through a possibly connected headset and the internal speakers.
- IGEL UD2 (D220) fails to restore the volume level of the speaker when the device used firmware version 11.01.110 before.
- HP t730 could freeze when monitors with different resolutions are connected (1920x1200 + 2560x1440 + 3840x1600 for example). When this occurs, the registry key
x.drivers.kms.best_console_modehas to be set to disabled.
- Some newer Delock 62599 active DisplayPort-to-DVI (4k) adapters only work with INTEL devices.
- AIT feature with IGEL Starter License is supported by the UMS version 6.05.100.
- Update from memory stick requires network online state (when multiple update stages are involved).
- Some stability issues may remain.
- When ending a Citrix session in browser appliance mode, the browser is restarted twice instead of once.
- Appliance mode RHEV/Spice: spice-xpi firefox plugin is no longer supported. The Console Invocation has to allow 'Native' client (auto is also possible) and should be started in fullscreen to prevent any opening windows.