Download page Certificates.
Menu path: Sessions > Browser > Browser Global > Certificates
In this area, you can define the settings for certificate validation.
When a website requests a certificate: Specifies how the browser behaves if a website requests a security certificate.
- Select one automatically: The browser selects a certificate automatically. (default)
- Ask me every time: A dialog window requesting the certificate will be displayed.
View certificates: If you click on this button, the certificates saved in the browser's Certificate Manager will be displayed.
Certificate validation: Specifies the validation of certificates using OCSP (Online Certificate Status Protocol).
- Do not use OCSP for certificate validation: The certificate will not be validated using OCSP.
- Validate a certificate if it specifies an OCSP server: The certificate will be validated with the OCSP server specified in the certificate. If no OCSP server is specified, no certificate validation will take place. (default)
- Validate all certificates with the following OCSP server: All certificates will be validated with the OCSP server specified under the Service URL, irrespective of which OCSP server is specified in the certificate.
Response signer: Signer of the response from the OCSP server
Service URL: URL of the OCSP server
When an OCSP server connection fails, treat the certificate as invalid:
☑ If, owing to a failed connection to the OCSP server, no validation can take place, the certificate will be treated as invalid. In this case, the browser will show the “This connection is not trusted” error message.
☐ The certificate will not be deemed invalid if no check can take place because there is no connection to the OSCP server. (default)