Disabling USB ´boot prevents booting another operating system, which could be used to manipulate or (even accidentally) overwrite IGEL OS on mass storage.
Instructions for IGEL Devices
USB boot is disabled in the factory settings on IGEL UD LX devices. If it has been enabled and you want to disable it again, follow the instructions given here:
- Hold down the [Del] key ([F2] key for UD2) while the system is booting.
The UEFI menu opens.
- Use the arrow and return keys to go to SCU.
- Enter the UEFI password if one is set.
The Setup Utility opens.
- Go to Boot.
- Set USB Boot to Disabled.
- Press [F10]
- Confirm Exit Saving Changes?
- The device boots.
Instructions for 3rd-party devices converted with OSC
Refer to the instructions of your BIOS/UEFI vendor