- On devices with 2 GB of flash storage, it could happen that there is too little space for updating all features. In this case, a corresponding error message occurs and unused features must be disabled in IGEL Setup under System > Firmware Customization > Features to perform the firmware update.
- Firefox IGEL extensions are not updated automatically under some circumstances. After an update from 11.03.10x to 11.03.500, the IGEL extensions will stay on the old version.
In this case, the following settings concerning kiosk mode cannot be executed:
- Switch off Hotkey for new window/tab
- Blocking of internal browser pages like preferences, file picker, specific local directories
As a workaround:
- a reset to defaults should be performed
- or the browser's mimetype template can be switched from "Standard" to "Minimal" by registry key
browserglobal.app.mimetypes_template. There, the browser profile is renewed as well.
After the TC got the new setting, reboot and set the
mimetypes_templateregistry key back to "Standard".
- With activated DRI3 and an AMD GPU Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin could freeze. Selective H.264 mode (API v2) is not affected from this issue.
- Citrix has known issues with GStreamer1.0 which describe problems with multimedia redirection of H.264, MPEG1 and MPEG2. GStreamer1.0 is used if browser content redirection is active.
- Browser content redirection does not work with activated DRI3 and hardware accelerated H.264 deep compression codec.
- Citrix StoreFront login with Gemalto smartcard middleware does not detect smartcard correctly if the card is inserted after start of login.
Workaround: Insert the smartcard before starting the StoreFront login.
- Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin does not work with enabled server policy Optimize for 3D graphics workload in combination with server policy Use video codec compression > For the entire screen.
To launch multiple desktop sessions with Citrix HDX RTME and Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin, the following registry key must be enabled.More...
Parameter Activate workaround for dual RTME sessions and H264 acceleration Registry
Value enabled / disabled
This workaround is not applicable when "Enable Secure ICA" is active for the specific delivery group.
- Using CWA 19.x sometimes freezes the session while session logoff from a published desktop. Workaround: Use CWA 18.10.0.
- Client drive mapping and USB redirection for storage devices should not be enabled both at the same time.
- On the one hand, when using USB redirection for storage devices: The USB on-insertion feature is only working when the client drive mapping is switched off. In the IGEL Setup client drive mapping can be found in: Sessions > Horizon Client > Horizon Client Global > Drive Mapping > Enable Drive Mapping. It is also recommended to disable local Storage Hotplug on setup page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- On the other hand, when using drive mapping instead, it is recommended to either switch off USB redirection entirely or at least deny storage devices by adding a filter to the USB class rules. Furthermore, Horizon Client relies on the OS to mount the storage devices itself. Enable local `Storage Hotplug` on setup page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- External drives mounted already before connection do not appear in the remote desktop. Workaround: map the directory /media as a drive. Then the external devices will show up inside the media drive.
- After disconnect of an RDP based session, the Horizon main window which contains the server or sessions overview cannot be resized anymore.
- Seamless application windows in Horizon Client may not be displayed correctly. When starting the first seamless app, a new iconified window appears in the taskbar, and only if you click on it, the application will show up.
On some hardware (UD7-H850, UD2-M250, UD2-D220), however, the client aborts when this new window is de-iconified.
On devices with 2 GB of flash storage, it could happen that there is too little space to enable the Imprivata partition after the update to 11.03.500. In this case, a corresponding error message occurs and unused features must be disabled (in IGEL Setup under System > Firmware Customization > Features). Imprivata has to be (re-)enabled after a reboot then.
- TP-Link Archer T2UH Wi-Fi adapters does not work after system suspend/resume. Workaround: Disable system suspend at IGEL Setup > System > Power Options > Shutdown.
- Native USB redirection does not work with Parallels Client.
- In seldom cases, the authentication hung when using A.E.T. SafeSign smartcards.
- Appliance mode RHEV/Spice: spice-xpi firefox plugin is no longer supported. The Console Invocation has to allow 'Native' client (auto is also possible) and should be started in fullscreen to prevent any opening windows.
- Multimedia redirection with GStreamer could fail with the Nouveau GPU driver.
- Hyper-V (Generation 2) needs a lot of memory. The machine needs a sufficient amount of memory allocated.
- The current VirtualBox Guest Tools/Drivers will not work with VirtualBox 5.2.x or older hosts which leads to black screen and non-working graphic.
Workaround: Install with 'Failsafe Installation + Recovery' and set the registry key
- When running in VirtualBox virtualization, resizing the window will not automatically change desktop resolution of IGEL OS guest.
- Audio jack detection on Advantech POC-W243L doesn't work. Sound output goes through the headset connection and the internal speakers.
- IGEL UD2 (D220) fails to restore the volume level of the speaker when the device used firmware version 11.01.110 before.
- HP t730 could freeze when monitors with different resolutions are connected (1920x1200 + 2560x1440 + 3840x1600 for example). When this occurs, the registry key
x.drivers.kms.best_console_modehas to be set to disabled.
- Some newer Delock 62599 active DisplayPort to DVI (4k) adapters only work with INTEL devices.
- AIT feature with IGEL Starter License is supported by the next UMS version 6.05.100.