Reducing the amount of software running on a system reduces its attack surface. Therefore a basic security measure for IGEL OS 10 is to remove all unused features.
To disable a feature:
- In the IGEL Setup go to System > Firmware Customization > Features.
- Deactivate all the features that you do not intend to use.
- If you do not use local printers on the endpoint device that you want to share with others, deactivate:
Do not remove the Custom Partition feature if you have a custom partition that contains software or data for which you have no backup copy. After disabling the feature and a reboot the contents of the custom partition will be lost.Do not remove Fluendo Gstreamer Codec Plugins or Hardware Video Acceleration if you use sessions that make use of these features.
- Printing (Internet Printing Protocol CUPS)
- Printing (Line Printer LPD)
- Printing (TCP/IP)
- Printing (ThinPrint)
- Click Apply.
- Reboot the device.