Download page Connection Settings.
Menu path: Setup > Sessions > Horizon Client > Horizon Client Sessions > [Session Name] > Connection Settings
In this area, you can specify the settings for the connection between the Horizon Client and the server.
- Server URL: URL of the VMware Horizon server
- Use passthrough authentication for this session
☑ The user name and password are temporarily saved and used for authentication purposes in this session.
☐ Passthrough authentication is not used. (default)
- User name: User name when logging on to the VMware Horizon server
- User password: Password when logging on to the VMware Horizon server
- Domain: Domain when logging on to the VMware Horizon server
- Session type: Specifies whether the session contains a desktop or an individual application.
- Desktop: The session contains a desktop.
- Application: The session contains an individual application.
- Desktop name: Specifies a name for the desktop. This option is available if Session Type is set to “Desktop”.
- Application: Application that is launched during the session. This option is available if Session Type is set to “Application”.
☑ When the session starts, the connection to the desktop or application will automatically be established. For this to be possible, the name of the desktop or application must be defined.
☐ When the session starts, the overview will be shown. (default)
- Preferred desktop protocol: The selected option is preferred by the client when negotiating the connection protocol.
- Global setting
- Server setting
- VMWare Blast
- Enable kiosk mode
- Global setting
Further settings options can be found under AD/Kerberos Configuration and AD/Kerberos.