Download page Deploying a License.
Deploying a License
To upgrade from IGEL OS 10 to IGEL OS 11, you need an appropriate license. Depending on your requirements, one or more of these licenses will be needed for each device:
- One Workspace Edition license for basic functionality. For further information, see Workspace Edition
- If IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG), or Shared Workplace (SWP) will be used: One Enterprise Management Pack license. For further information, see Enterprise Management Pack.
- Custom Partition - if IGEL OS 11.03.100 or lower is the target version; in IGEL OS 11.03.500 or higher, the Custom Partition feature is included in the Workspace Edition.
Deploy the licenses for IGEL OS 11 using the method that suits your needs:
- Manual License Deployment: Licenses are created and deployed manually. For instructions, see Manual License Deployment for IGEL OS.
- Automatic License Deployment (ALD): Licenses are created and deployed automatically to each device that needs a license. For instructions, see Setting up Automatic License Deployment (ALD).
- Download three demo licenses from https://www.igel.com/download/ .
When the device has a license, continue with Configuring the Update Source.