Download page How to Connect IGEL OS to Windows Virtual Desktop.
How to Connect IGEL OS to Windows Virtual Desktop
Quick Start Guide
This section describes how to set up a Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) session with IGEL’s WVD client based on Microsoft’s RD Core SDK for Linux which can be used to connect to a WVD deployment in Azure.
- Device with IGEL OS 11.03.261 (or higher); download the latest version at igel.com/wvd
- Windows Virtual Desktop deployment in Azure
- Open the Setup or the configuration dialog in the UMS and go to Sessions > WVD > WVD Sessions.
- Click the
- Enter a Session name and configure the starting methods according to your needs.
- If the login is to be started automatically on session startup, go to Sessions > WVD > WVD Sessions > [Session name] and enter your credentials under User name and Password.
- If a specific resource is to be started automatically, enter its name under Resource to automatically start when connected.
- Go to Sessions > WVD > WVD Sessions > [Session name] > Options and enable or disable features and redirections according to your needs.
- Go to Sessions > WVD > WVD Sessions > [Session name] > Gateway and ensure that the fields are empty.
- If you do not want to run the WVD client on all available screens in fullscreen, go to System > Registry > sessions > wvd[your session number, e.g. 0] > options and change the settings under monitor, multimonitor and resolution according to your needs.
- Click Apply or OK.
The WVD session is configured and can be started with the starting methods you have configured in step 3.
The session is configured and ready to run. If you want to configure further WVD sessions, start again from step 2.