Download page Citrix: Freeze at Logout.
Citrix: Freeze at Logout
A user tries to log out from a Citrix session but the session does not respond.
Example: Once you connect to a Citrix session, everything works. After having reconnected and disconnected several times, you log out. The window freezes while the logout screen is shown.
Select TCP only - UDP disabled under Sessions > Citrix > Citrix Global > Options > HDX Adaptive Transport over EDT.
Try to use another Citrix Receiver version: Sessions > Citrix > Citrix Client Selection > Citrix client version.
wfica process makes the call for disconnection.
As a less recommended alternative, you can configure a hotkey to force a logout in such situations. Note, however, that this workaround can cause issues with hung sessions on the Citrix servers.
To configure a logout hotkey:
- In IGEL Setup, go to System > Firmware Customization > Custom Application.
- Click to create a new Custom Application and name it e.g. "Kill Citrix Sessions".
- Disable all Starting Methods for this session.
- Enable Hotkey.
- Choose e.g.
Ctrl|Altas Modifiers and define
C(for "Citrix) as Key.
- Go to System > Firmware Customization > Custom Application > Kill Citrix Sessions > Settings.
- Enter an Icon name.
- Go to System > Firmware Customization > Custom Commands > Desktop.
- In the field Desktop initialization enter following command in one line:
echo -e "#! /bin/bash\n\nps -eo comm,pid | grep ^wfica | while read c p tail; do echo \$p; done | xargs -r kill -TERM" >/tmp/kill_citrix; chmod 755 /tmp/kill_citrix
- Click Apply and reboot the device.
To configure the hotkey for a group of devices, you can alternatively create a profile or use this one: profile_KillCitrixSessionsViaHotkey.xml.
Here you can learn how to import a profile: Importing a Profile and Firmware.