Download page Making a Telnet Connection from IGEL Linux.
Making a Telnet Connection from IGEL Linux
You want to connect to a Telnet service and can't find a Telnet command on the device.
Using Ericom Powerterm (Requires the Ericom Powerterm Firmware Feature):
- In Setup, go to Sessions > PowerTerm Terminal Emulation > PowerTerm Sessions.
- Create a new session.
- Edit the session.
- Under Connection, make the following settings:
- Select TELNET as Session Type.
- Enter an IP adress or a name in Host Name.
- If you want to use a graphical login dialog, activate Enable Login Dialog.
- Under Desktop Integration enter a Session Name and enable the desired Starting Methods for the Session.
- Click Apply to save your settings or OK to save and exit.
- Start the new session and enter your username and password.