Download page Solving Hotplugging Issues with DisplayPort Monitors.
Solving Hotplugging Issues with DisplayPort Monitors
On IGEL Linux, in a dual view configuration, the following problem occurs: If a monitor connected via DisplayPort is only switched on after booting the device, it will remain black.
The DisplayPort standard allows for a powered-off monitor to be undetectable by the graphics card.
The following checks whether a monitor contained in the configuration is missing (i.e. powered off) and makes it usable as soon as it appears (i.e. is powered on):
- If you are using IGEL Linux 5, make sure you are running version 5.10.410 or newer.
If you are using IGEL Linux 10 you do not need to upgrade.
- In Setup, go to System > Registry > Parameter >
- Make sure the parameter is set to
There is another setting you can use if you do not want IGEL Linux to change the display settings every time a DisplayPort monitor is switched on/off:
- Go to System > Registry > Parameter > s
- Set it to DP_Disconnect_Only.