Extract the Ubuntu package on your Debian/Ubuntu Linux workstation in order to access its files:
- Open a terminal emulator.
- Change to the directory where you saved the Ubuntu package.
- Create a directory to extract the files to:
- Extract the package to the new directory:
dpkg -x *.deb chromium-browser/
- Run the following command to see how much space the package contents need in total (in MB):
du -cms chromium-browser/*
The total is 255 MB (your package may differ slightly). To be on the safe side let's memorize that we need approximately 400 MB of space for the CP contents.