Download page Adding an Icon for Browsing Removable Storage.
Adding an Icon for Browsing Removable Storage
There is no obvious way of viewing files from removable media locally on the thin client.
You want to view files from removable media locally on the thin client.
Create a custom application that opens the contents of removable media in the File Manager.
- Go to System > Firmware Customization > Custom Application in Setup.
- Click the star symbol to create a new Custom Application.
- Enter a name, e.g. Removable Media, and choose desktop integration options for the application.
folderas the Icon name and
thunaras the Command in the Settings dialog:
- Save the settings.
- Insert a removable medium such as a USB stick into the thin client.
- Click the new Removable Media icon. This opens File Manager and lets you browse the contents. Clicking a file will open it in the application configured by the MIME type handler (as of IGEL LINUX 5.06.100, see FAQ).