You can specify an arbitrary command that is executed when the countdown has reached 0.
Additionally, you can specify a command that determines whether the countdown is to be started.
Example use case: The countdown is running, but the user does not interact with the device in order to make the countdown stop. When the countdown has reached 0, the system checks whether a session is running, e.g. an appliance mode Citrix session. If yes, the user is logged off from this session.
If no command is set to be executed after countdown, the screen will be locked instead.
The user that issues the commands depends on the firmware version in use:
- With IGEL Linux v5, the user is
- With IGEL OS Linux 10, the user is
To specify the command that determines the condition:
- In the Setup, go to System > Registry and open the registry key sessions > xlock0 > options > countdown_condition_cmd (
- Enter the command in the field Countdown condition command. Example:
pgrep wfica(determines if a Citrix session is present)
- Click Apply or Ok.
If the command returns 0, the countdown or commando is started.
If the command returns a non-zero value, the countdown or commando is not started.
To specify the command to be executed after the countdown:
- In the Setup, go to System > Registry and open the registry key sessions > xlock0 > options > countdown_done_cmd (
- Enter the command in the field Countdown done command. Example:
killall wfica(terminates the Citrix ICA client)The command is executed synchronously before the countdown goes away. If the command doesn't terminate quickly, it must be sent to the background by appending "
- Open the registry key sessions > xlock0 > options > countdown_done_cmd_continue (
sessions.xlock0.options.countdown_done_cmd_continue) and specify whether the screensaver should be started after the command has been started.With IGEL Linux v5, the screensaver does not start immediately. It will be started after the idle timeout defined under User Interface > Screen Lock/Saver > Options > Timeout. With IGEL OS Linux 10, the screensaver is started immediately.
☑ The screensaver is started after the command has been started.
☐ The screensaver will not be started.
- Click Apply or Ok.