Menu path: Setup > Network > VPN > OpenVPN > [OpenVPN Connection] > Options
Here, you can configure the options for the OpenVPN client in order to ensure interaction with the server.
Further information regarding the options can be found in the OpenVPN documentation which is maintained by the OpenVPN project.
- Gateway port: Local gateway port (default: 1194)
- Custom renegotiation interval: Renegotiate data channel key after given number of seconds (default: 0)
- Use LZO data compression
☑ The client will use LZO compression. Necessary if the server uses compression.
☐ The client will not use LZO compression. (default)
- Protocol used for communication to the host
If you use a proxy, select tcp-client.
- udp: UDP will be used.
- tcp-client: TCP will be used.
- Virtual network type
- tun: Routing will be used
- tap: Bridging will be used.
- Use custom tunnel maximum transmission unit (MTU): The MTU of the TUN device will be used as a given value. The MTU of the interface will be derived from it.
- UDP fragment size: Allow internal data fragmenting up to this size in bytes. Leave this field empty to keep the default value.
- Restrict tunnel TCP maximum segment size (MSS)
☑ The TCP segment size (MSS) of the tunnel will be restricted.
☐ The TCP segment size (MSS) will not be restricted. (default)
- Randomize remote hosts
☑ The remote gateways will be ordered randomly as a simple type of load balancing.
☐ The remote computers will not be ordered randomly. (default)
- Cipher: Encryption algorithm for data packets. (default: BF-CBC - Blowfish in the Cipher Block Chaining mode)
- HMAC authentication: Hashing algorithm for packet authentication (default: SHA1)