Menu path: Setup > User Interface > Desktop > Start Menu
In this area, you can configure the desktop start menu:
- Start menu type:
- Auto: A default setting that automatically selects the advanced or legacy type of the start menu depending on the processor.
- Advanced: An expanded start menu featuring a search function and a more attractive design. It requires more resources, which is particularly noticeable on slow devices.
- Legacy: A start menu resembles the one from Windows 95 – a list of available sessions and options.
Options in Start Menu
Select which options are to be shown in the start menu:
- System tab
- Show current user name in About, Application Launcher and start menu
☑ The current user will be shown at the top edge of the relevant window.
☐ The current user will not be shown.In order for user names to be recognized and passed on, you must configure two settings beforehand:
- Enable Active Directory/Kerberos: Security > Active Directory/Kerberos
- Enable local logon: Security > Logon > Active Directory/Kerberos