Download page Enabling Mobile Device Access.
Enabling Mobile Device Access
- Ensure that the settings under System > Update > Firmware Update are correct. The Server Path must point to the firmware version that is currently installed. This is required because the software package for mobile device access must be downloaded in order to deploy the feature.
- Go to System > Firmware Customization > Features and activate Mobile Device Access USB.
- Confirm the warning dialog with Ok.
- Click Ok in the main window.
- Reboot the device.
On reboot, the device downloads and installs the software package for the mobile device access feature.
If mobile device access should be available permanently, make sure that Autostart is activated under Accessories > Mobile Device Access. The other start options are described in the manual under Mobile Device Access.If you want to use mobile device access in appliance mode, you must enable autostart or configure a hotkey. Autostart is recommended.
- Configure the start options for mobile device access according to your requirements.
- If you have activated Autostart as the only start option, restart the device.
When the mobile device access is activated, the smartphone symbol is shown in the task bar. For appliance mode sessions, the in-session control bar is available; see Accessing the Mobile Device USB Window from a Session.