Download page Individual Interface.
Menu path: Setup > Network > LAN Interfaces > [Interface]
Predictable Network Interface Names (PNINs)
As of IGEL OS 11.06, the names of Ethernet and WLAN interfaces are predictable network interface names (PNINs), see Predictable Network Interface Names. This ensures the stability of interface names on reboot and generally improves the reliability of associating configurations with interfaces.
- As "
eth1", and "
wlan0" have been replaced by PNINs, configurations or custom scripts that include the old names of Ethernet and WLAN interfaces, e.g.
wlan0, have to be adjusted.
The following already existing configurations do NOT require manual adjustment since old names
eth1, etc. will internally be replaced by the correct PNINs automatically:
- To view the PNINs and the order of the configured interfaces, you can use the following commands. The default interface is always listed first, the second interface is listed second, etc.
cat /config/net/wl-interfaces(Note: Only the first wireless interface (former
wlan0) is supported. All other wireless interfaces will be ignored.)
- If you need to configure more than two Ethernet interfaces, go to System > Registry > network.interfaces.ethernet.device% and add an instance.
To explicitly assign a configuration instance to a certain interface, enter the corresponding PNIN for the registry key network.interfaces.ethernet.device%.ifname.
Activate default interface (Ethernet)
☑ The default interface will be enabled. (Default)
☐ The Ethernet interface will not be enabled.
Get IP from DHCP server
☑ The IP address of the client will be obtained automatically using DHCP. (Default)
DHCP options can be specified under DHCP Client.
Specify an IP address: The IP address and the network mask are entered manually.
IP address: IP address of the device.
Network mask: Network mask of the device.
- Compatibility mode: Behavior of earlier firmware versions.
- Disabled: IPv6 completely disabled.
- Automatic: IPv6 auto configuration based on router advertisements (can include DHCPv6).
For further information, see RFC 4861.
- DHCPv6: IPv6 configuration using DHCPv6 if router advertisements are not available.
This is mentioned in RFC 4862 Section 5.5.2.
Network link type
- Auto sense
- 1000 Mb/s full duplex
- 100 Mb/s full duplex
- 100 Mb/s half duplex
- 10 Mb/s full duplex
- 10 Mb/s half duplex
☑ With this option, problems with half/full duplex for specific switches that expect the auto-negotiation flag for fixed bandwidths can be addressed.
☐ Automatic negotiation will not be forced. (Default)
Enable tray icon
☑ A tray icon for the network interface will be shown. (Default)
Enable context menu
☑ A context menu will be shown when you click on the tray icon. (Default)
Enable network info dialog
☑ A dialog window with information regarding the network connection will be shown when you click on the context menu. (Default)