- On devices with 2 GB of flash storage, it could happen that there is not enough space for updating all features. In this case, a corresponding error message occurs. Check Error: "Not enough space on local drive" when Updating to IGEL OS 11.04 or Higher for a solution.
- With activated DRI3 and an AMD GPU Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin could freeze. Selective H.264 mode (API v2) is not affected from this issue.
- Citrix has known issues with GStreamer1.0 which describe problems with multimedia redirection of H.264, MPEG1 and MPEG2. GStreamer1.0 is used if browser content redirection is active.
- Browser content redirection does not work with activated DRI3 and hardware accelerated H.264 deep compression codec.
- Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin does not work with enabled server policy Optimize for 3D graphics workload in combination with server policy Use video codec compression > For the entire screen.
To launch multiple desktop sessions with Citrix HDX RTME and Citrix H.264 acceleration plugin, the following registry key must be enabled.More...
Parameter Activate workaround for dual RTME sessions and H264 acceleration Registry
Value enabled / disabled
This workaround is not applicable when "Enable Secure ICA" is active for the specific delivery group.
- Adding smartcard readers while the session is ongoing does not work. The reader is visible, but cannot be used due to permanently unknown reader status.
- Client drive mapping and USB redirection for storage devices should not be enabled both at the same time.
- On the one hand, when using USB redirection for storage devices: The USB on-insertion feature is only working when the client drive mapping is switched off. In the IGEL Setup client drive mapping can be found in: Sessions > Horizon Client > Horizon Client Global > Drive Mapping > Enable Drive Mapping. It is also recommended to disable local Storage Hotplug on setup page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- On the other hand, when using drive mapping instead, it is recommended to either switch off USB redirection entirely or at least deny storage devices by adding a filter to the USB class rules. Furthermore, Horizon Client relies on the OS to mount the storage devices itself. Enable local Storage Hotplug on Setup page Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- External drives mounted already before connection do not appear in the remote desktop. Workaround: map the directory /media as a drive. Then the external devices will show up inside the media drive.
- After the disconnect of an RDP-based session, the Horizon main window which contains the server or sessions overview cannot be resized anymore.
- Copying a text from Horizon Blast sessions is not possible.
- The on-screen keyboard in Horizon appliance mode does not work correctly with local logon.
Workaround: Switch off local logon and switch on the corresponding two keys via IGEL registry:
- Zoom VDI Media Plugin makes Horizon Client crash upon connection to the remote desktop in cases when TC Setup is running at the same time.
- H.264 decoding is not supported anymore.
- TP-Link Archer T2UH Wi-Fi adapters do not work after system suspend/resume. Workaround: Disable system suspend at IGEL Setup > System > Power Options > Shutdown.
- Native USB redirection does not work with Parallels Client.
Cisco JVDI Client
- There may be a segfault shown in the logs (during logout of Citrix Desktop session). This occurs only when using Citrix Workspace app 20.10 and Cisco JVDI.
- Multimedia redirection with GStreamer could fail with the Nouveau GPU driver.
- Hyper-V (Generation 2) needs a lot of memory (RAM). The machine needs a sufficient amount of memory allocated.
- The current VirtualBox Guest Tools/Drivers will not work with VirtualBox 5.2.x or older hosts which leads to a black screen and non-working graphics.
Possible workaround: Install with 'Failsafe Installation + Recovery' and set the registry key
- Audio jack detection on Advantech POC-W243L doesn't work. Therefore, sound output goes through a possibly connected headset and the internal speakers.
- IGEL UD2 (D220) fails to restore the volume level of the speaker when the device used firmware version 11.01.110 before.
- Some newer Delock 62599 active DisplayPort-to-DVI (4k) adapters only work with INTEL devices.
- AIT feature with IGEL Starter License is only supported by UMS version 6.05.100 or newer.
- Update from memory stick requires network online state (at least when multiple update stages are involved).
- Unreliable messages in user dialog for applying settings during boot. Could occur when new settings were fetched from the UMS.
- Some stability issues may remain.
- When ending a Citrix session in browser appliance mode, the browser is restarted twice instead of once.
- Appliance mode RHEV/Spice: spice-xpi firefox plugin is no longer supported. The Console Invocation has to allow 'Native' client (auto is also possible) and should be started in fullscreen to prevent any opening windows.