Download page Updating IGEL OS Using a USB Storage Device.
Updating IGEL OS Using a USB Storage Device
You can use a USB storage device to update IGEL OS locally. This method is particularly suitable if only one device or only a few devices are to be updated and it would not be worth installing an FTP or HTTP server purely for the update.
To update the device's firmware without having access to the local setup, follow Updating the Firmware using the Linux Console.
To update IGEL OS using a USB storage device, proceed as follows:
- Download the update file (.zip) for your device from the IGEL download server.
Unpack the update files and save them to a USB storage device.
- Open the IGEL Setup on the device and select Devices > Storage Devices > Storage Hotplug.
- Set Client Drive Mapping to Static.
- Enable Private drive letter for each storage drive.
- Set Number of drives to at least 1.
Apply the changes so that they are effective for the device.
- Connect the USB storage device to the device and wait until the device has been detected.
- Go to System > Update > Firmware Update.
- Set Protocol to FILE.
Start the file chooser (Server path) and navigate to
/userhome/media/label of the USB storage device/
lxos.infand click Open.
Do NOT use spaces in the USB device name.
- Click Update firmware and confirm the warning message.
The device will reboot while updating the firmware. Do not remove the USB device until the update has finished.