Download page Troubleshooting the Horizon Client.
Troubleshooting the Horizon Client
Solution Based on Experience from the Field
This article provides a solution that has not been approved by the IGEL Research and Development department. Therefore, official support cannot be provided by IGEL. Where applicable, test the solution before deploying it to a productive environment.
There are some issues with the performance of the Horizon client.
- IGEL OS 10 or higher
You don't know how to collect the log files and send them to the IGEL Support team.
- In the Setup, go to System > Registry > sessions > vdmcient% > options > debug and activate Save debug information (registry parameter:
- Go to System > Registry > vmware > USB > log and set Set VMware Horizon USB debug level to "debug" (registry parameter:
- Go to System > Registry > vmwarevdmapp > debug and activate Save debug informations (registry parameter:
The log files are created in the
/tmpdirectory and can be found using the following patterns:
- Change to
/tmpand put the log files into a compressed tar file:
tar -czf vmware-logs.tar.gz
- In the structure tree of the UMS Console, go to the device and select Device File->UMS the context menu.
- Under Devices file location, enter "/tmp/vmware-logs.tar.gz".
- Under Target URL, select the location on the UMS Server where the file is to be stored.
- Click Device->UMS.