To upgrade from IGEL OS 10 to IGEL OS 11, you need an appropriate license. Depending on your requirements, one or more of these licenses will be needed for each device:
- One Workspace Edition license for basic functionality; see Workspace Edition
- If one of the following features are used, one Enterprise Management Pack license is required (see Enterprise Management Pack):
- IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG)
- Shared Workplace (SWP)
- Custom Partition if IGEL OS 11.03.100 or lower is the target version; if the target version is IGEL OS 11.03.500 or higher, the Custom Partition feature is included in the Workspace Edition.
Proceed as follows:
Deploy the licenses for IGEL OS 11 using the method that suits your needs:
- Manual License Deployment: Licenses are created and deployed manually. For instructions, see Manual License Deployment for IGEL OS.
- Automatic License Deployment (ALD): Licenses are created and deployed automatically to each device that needs a license. For instructions, see Setting up Automatic License Deployment (ALD).
- Download three demo licenses from https://www.igel.com/download/ .
When the device has a license, continue with Configuring the Update Source.