As of IGEL Linux version 5.10.100, you can connect or disconnect Bluetooth devices conveniently using the Bluetooth tool. The Bluetooth tool supports the following pairing methods:
- Pairing with PIN entry (for most keyboards)
- Pairing with fixed PIN (for most headsets, mice or GPS devices)
- Pairing with automatic PIN allocation
For further information, please refer to the manual chapter Bluetooth Tool.
In the following example, we will connect a Bluetooth device with PIN entry:
- Make sure that the following preconditions are met:
- A Bluetooth USB adapter is connected to your device.
- The Bluetooth device is ready.
- The options Setup > Devices > Activate Bluetooth and Setup > Devices > Tray Icon are enabled.
- Launch the Bluetooth Tool via
The Device search dialog will be shown. After a few seconds, the Bluetooth devices found by the device are displayed. > System > Bluetooth Tool or another launch option, if available.
- Highlight the desired Bluetooth device and click on Forward.
A PIN will be shown on the Device setup dialog.
- Enter the PIN into your Bluetooth device.
If everything went well, the status of the connection will be shown.
- Click on Close.
Your Bluetooth device is ready for use. By right-clicking the icon in the system tray, you can to start the Bluetooth tool again, e.g. to pair another Bluetooth device or to unpair a device.