There is a specific support case and you need to read out the current local configuration of the thin client.
If you need to read out the current local configuration of the thin client (e.g. during a support case), you can copy the two local files
group.ini either locally or via the IGEL Universal Management Suite.
- With UMS 4.07.100 or newer you can transfer the
group.inifiles together with the thin client's log files as described in this FAQ: Exporting System Log Files from Thin Client to UMS.
- To save the files locally on a FAT32-formatted USB storage device, proceed as follows:
- Enable the use of storage hotplug (setting the number of USB storage devices to greater than zero) under Devices > Storage Devices > USB Storage Hotplug.
- Connect the FAT32-formatted USB storage device.
- Create a terminal session under Accessories > Terminals.
- Open the terminal and login as
cp /wfs/*.ini /media/[name of USB device]/and press [Return ]to copy the
setup.inias well as the
group.inifrom your device to the USB drive.
sync ,press [Return]and wait a few seconds before unplugging the USB storage device.
- Alternatively (with UMS before 4.07.100) you can transmit the data from the thin client to the UMS as follows:
- In UMS console start command File TC > UMS in context menu of your thin client or in Thin Client menu of the menu bar (Other Thin Client commands).
- Enter local file on thin client, e.g. Thin Client file location =
- Select Target URL, e.g.
- Enter File Name of the transferred file in UMS.
- Click File TC > UMS .
- The file will be transferred to
Legal NoteIGEL's Terms & Conditions apply.