Download page Firmware Update.
Menu path: Setup > System > Update > Firmware Update
Here, you can specify how the device obtains updates for its own firmware.
- Protocol: Select the method for accessing the updates.
- HTTP: Download from a web server.
- HTTPS: Download from a TLS/SSL-secured web server.
- FTP: Download from an FTP server. (FTP passive mode is used)
- Secure FTP: Download via SSH-secured FTP.
- FTPS: Download from a TLS/SSL-secured FTP server.
- FILE: The update lies in the device file system, possibly as a shared NFS or Windows update. You can choose the location by selecting a file below.
- Server name: Name or IP address of the server.
- Port: Port of the server on which the service is provided.
- Server path: The path to the directory with the update files on the server.
- User name: User name on the server.
- Password: Password for the user account on the server.
- Automatic update check on boot
☑ The device will automatically search for and install an updated firmware version each time that it boots.
☐ The device will not automatically search for an updated firmware version. (Default)
- Automatic update check on shutdown
☑ The device will automatically search for and install an updated firmware version each time that it shuts down.
☐ The device will not automatically search for an updated firmware version when it shuts down. (Default)
- Automatic buddy detection
☑ The device will automatically search for further devices in the local network that offer firmware updates as Buddy Servers.
☐ The device will not automatically search for Buddy Servers. (Default)
- Update firmware: Launches the update process. If you have made changes on this setup page earlier on, click on Apply first.