When the IGEL support team asks you to provide your device's log files, follow the instructions below.
- Start the UMS Console and enter your User Name and Password.
- Click Connect.
The UMS Console window opens.
- Open the Help submenu and select Save TC files for support.
The dialog Save TC files for support opens.
- Select the device in question and click Next.
The dialog Select a target directory for the zipped files opens.
Select a directory which is suitable for saving the zipped log files, and click Next.
A confirmation dialog shows the path and file name under which the log files are stored.
Depending on your system, you can copy the path using [Ctl] + [C] and paste it into the File Explorer's address bar.
- Open your system's File Explorer, go to the path portion of the file location.
- Send the ZIP file to the IGEL support team.
- Close the confirmation dialog by clicking Finish.
The above procedure collects only those logs that have been written since the last system start. To allow persistent logs, you can configure a dedicated partition for debug logs. For more information, also on adding additional logs, see Extended Logging With Syslog, Tcpdump and Netlog.