The Mozilla Firefox browser included in IGEL Linux offers a vast array of configuration options. They range from the sorting order of Bookmarks over encryption algorithms to fixing quirks in web applications that a re important to you. In total, they are too many to present them as individual items in IGEL Setup. However, as of IGEL Linux version 5.09.100IGELSetup lets you set any Browser user preference in a generic way.
You will find information regarding the configuration parameters for Firefox in the MozillaZine Knowledge Base under Firefox About:config entries.
- In Setup, go to Sessions > Browser > Browser Global > Advanced.
- In the Custom preferences area, click on
- Using the Active option, specify whether the configuration parameter is to be active.
- Specify the Mode of the configuration parameter - for many cases pref will do.
- Under Custom preference, give the name of the configuration parameter. Example:
- Specify the Type of the configuration parameter.
- String: The value is a string of characters.
- Integer: The value is a whole number.
- Boolean: The value is a Boolean value, i.e.
- Specify the Value of the configuration parameter. The possible entries depend on the Type selected.
- Click Ok.
The configuration parameter will take effect the next time that the browser is launched.
For more details on Browser configuration, refer to its section in the IGEL Linux manual.