If a password was set up for the administrator, the IGEL Setup can only be opened with administrator rights, i.e., after entering the password (see Password). However, individual areas of the setup can be enabled for the user, e.g. to allow them to change the system language or configure a left-handed mouse.
To enable setup pages for the user, proceed as follows:
- Under Security > Password, enable the password for the administrator and the setup user.If users are to be allowed to edit parts of the setup even without a password, create a quick setup session, the password for the setup user will not be enabled in this case.
- Under Accessories > Setup > Page Authorizations , enable those areas to which the user is to have access.
If you enable a setup page on the lower levels, the node points required for access will automatically be marked as visible (but blocked for editing purposes).
- A check in the checkbox indicates that the node is visible in the setup.
- A red symbol indicates that the parameter is password protected by the administrator.
- A green symbol indicates that the user can edit the parameters on this setup page.