Setup assistant buttons:
Next: Go to the next configuration stepFrom IGEL Linux Version 10.03.100 the button is labeled Skip if the configuration step can be omitted; if you click on Skip, nothing will change during the current configuration step. If the configuration is edited, the button will switch to Next.
- Back: Go back to the previous step
Cancel: Exit the setup sssistant without saving changes to the configuration. Changes to the time and date will however remain effective.If the Activate your UD Pocket (UD Pocket Demo) or ICG Agent Setup configuration steps fail, change the network settings of your device:
- Language: Select the language for the user interface.
You must accept the EULA to continue with setting up and using your thin client.
Click I agree to continue with the setup.
- Keyboard layout: Select the keyboard layout. The selected layout applies for all parts of the system including emulations, window sessions and X11 applications.
Time Zone Continent/Area
- Timezone continent/area: Select the continent/area for your location.
- General: Under Location, you can select a GMT time zone.
- Africa ... Pacific: Under Location, you can select a city for the selected continent/area.
- Location: Select your location or time zone.Location: Summer time adjustment is taken into account here. Example: If you select "Berlin", the device will switch between summer time and normal time in accordance with the German adjustment rules. Time zone: The GMT time zones specify by how many hours the time zone for a particular location differs from the Greenwich time zone. The preceding symbol is used in accordance with the POSIX format. Examples: For New York City, select "GMT+5" which means "5 hours west of Greenwich". For Moscow, select "GMT-3” which means "3 hours east of Greenwich".
Time and Date
- Date: Select the current date.
- Time: Set the current local time.
- Apply: Sets the system clock according to what is entered above.
This configuration step is available if a WLAN adapter was found when starting the device. The device will search for available WLAN access points as soon as the configuration step is opened. The WLAN access points found will be listed. You can then connect to your desired WLAN access point.
- Wireless regulatory domain: In the first selection menu, select the world region (example: Europe) in which you are situated and in the second one the country (example: United Kingdom).
- : Searches again for WLAN access points.
- : Opens a dialog which allows you to enter the WLAN name (SSID) of a hidden WLAN access point.
- (Name of a WLAN access point in the list): Click on your desired WLAN access point and enter your access data in the dialog.
Once the connection is established, the symbol will be shown in the Connected column.
Activate Your UD Pocket
When you start a UD Pocket Demo, you can obtain an evaluation license. With this evaluation license, all features of the UD Pocket are available for a period
- Fill out all fields.
ICG Agent Setup
If your system administrator has given you access data for IGEL Cloud Gateway, you can connect the thin client to the gateway here.
You will find instructions for this under Using ICG Agent Setup.
Otherwise, do not touch this page and click on Skip or Next.
- Finish: Saves all settings and closes the Setup Assistant. If you have changed the language, the X11 graphics system will restart; the screen will go black for a short time. If you have a UD Pocket Demo, a restart is required to finish the activation.