When you start your IGEL OS device for the first time, the IGEL Setup Assistant will help you obtain a free evaluation license. The evaluation license will be valid for a period of 90 days.
- Workspace Edition (WE); see Workspace Edition
- Enterprise Management Pack (EMP); see Enterprise Management Pack
- PCoIP client by Teradici (IGEL OS 11.01.110 or higher; see PCoIP Session)
- Network connection
- Device, e.g. a notebook, which has been converted by IGEL OS Creator (OSC) or is ready to boot from UD Pocket. For more information, see the IGEL OS Creator Manual or the IGEL UD Pocket User Manual.
- Your device is not configured yet, and has not been registered with the UMS.
To get your evaluation license:
Start the device.
The Setup Assistant starts. For details about all configuration steps, see the manual chapter Setup Assistant.If the IGEL Setup Assistant does not start, this means that your device has been configured or registered already. If this is the case, and you have a Delivery Token, continue with Getting the License File from the IGEL License Portal.
At the step Activate your IGEL OS, make a choice when asked, and fill in every field to receive a 90-days evaluation license.
If you get an error message at this stage of the wizard, you may need to configure a proxy. Click Proxy configuration to get to the configuration dialog.
For a description of the possible proxy settings, see Activate Your IGEL OS, section "Troubleshooting: Proxy Configuration".
- Click ACTIVATE YOUR OS 11.
When the license has been fetched, a confirmation is shown. Additionally, an e-mail is sent to the address you have provided. The e-mail contains links for downloading and installing the Universal Management Suite (UMS).
- Click Next.
- Continue with the configuration.
- When you have finished the configuration, click Restart.
After the restart, your IGEL OS device is fully functional for a period of 90 days.