You can move a license from one device to another device by removing it from device A and then assigning it to device B.
Feature Requires License
License portability requires a valid license. This license is part of the Software Maintenance. When the license expires, licenses cannot be moved between devices any more.
Removing the License from Device A
- Log in to the IGEL License Portal (ILP) at https://activation.igel.com. If you have not registered yet, you must register first.
Your dashboard is shown.
- In the list of Product Packs, find the Product Pack from which you want to move a license to another device.
The management dialog opens. in the appropriate list entry to open the management dialog.
- Click Remove hardware.
- Select the device from which you want to remove the license, confirm I have read T&C..., and click OK.
The license count of the Product Pack is decreased by 1. The license is no longer valid for this device and can be assigned to another device.
Assigning the License to Device B
- Click Add hardware.
- Click the
- Enter the unit ID and click OK.
The new device license is shown.
- Press OK.
- The license count of the Product Pack is increased by 1. The license is now assigned to the new device.