AMD Memory Guard enables real-time memory encryption, which helps to protect against physical attacks and to secure data stored in RAM. The encryption is done on the basis of the randomly generated AES 128-bit encryption key and performed as such by the AMD Secure Processor integrated in the IGEL device.
For more information about AMD Memory Guard, see https://www.amd.com/system/files/documents/amd-memory-guard-white-paper.pdf.
Activation / Deactivation
AMD Memory Guard is available and activated by default as of BIOS version 3.5.13A-07222020.
- The activation/deactivation status is indicated in the About window, accessible via the icon
AMD Memory Guard can be deactivated in BIOS under Setup Utility > Security.How to deactivate AMD Memory Guard
- Turn on (or restart) your device.
- During boot, hold the [DEL] key until you see the Front Page screen shown below.
- Choose Setup Utility.
The InsydeH20 Setup Utility opens.
- Go to Security.
- Select AMD Memory Guard and change the settings.
- Press [F10] to save the changes.
As AMD Memory Guard has only a minor impact on system performance – e.g. on M350C, the reduction equals to 1-1.5% – it is advisable to leave the feature activated.