- IGEL OS 10.04.100 or higher
The version of IGEL Linux can be found in the About window.
UD7-LX 10 supports UEFI Secure Boot by default and no BIOS update is necessary.
It is crucial to set a BIOS password to prevent users from disabling Secure Boot.
Activating the Secure Boot feature
- Turn on (or restart) the IGEL device.
- During boot, hold the [DEL] key until you see the Front Page screen shown below.
- In the Administer Secure Boot screen, you will find "Erase all Secure Boot Settings" and "Restore Secure Boot to Factory Settings" set to <Disabled>.
- Change both "Erase all Secure Boot Settings" and "Restore Secure Boot to Factory Settings" to <Enabled>.
If "Enforce Secure Boot" is not grayed out as in the picture below, change that option to as well.
- Save the changes. To do this, press [F10] and confirm Exit Saving Changes with [Yes].
The changes will be saved and the device will be rebooted.
- As a last step, verify that Secure Boot is working, see Veryfing that UEFI Secure Boot is enabled.