Announced 24 July 2019
Several security issues affect the Firefox ESR web browser on
- IGEL OS 11
- IGEL OS 10
- IGEL Linux v5
Many vulnerabilities have been discovered in Firefox ESR, which Mozilla has summarized in the following Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories (MFSAs): MFSA-2019-22, MFSA-2019-19, MFSA- 2019-18, MFSA-2019-08, MFSA-2019-05 and MFSA-2019-02. Among these are vulnerabilities such as a sandbox escape, a script injection vulnerability, privilege escalation and some critical memory management weaknesses.
- IGEL OS 11: Update to IGEL OS 11.01.130 or newer.
- IGEL OS 10: Update to IGEL OS 10.06.110 or newer.
- IGEL Linux 5: This version does not have the space required for the Firefox ESR update. IGEL recommends disabling the web browser feature if possible: https://kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/features-2275613.html
- MFSA-2019-22: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2019-22/
- Mozilla Foundation Security Advisories: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/