There are various ways in which you can set up the IGEL thin client to meet your needs:
- using Windows Embedded System system management
- with the local IGEL Setup
- with the IGEL Universal Management Suite
- through a VNC connection to the device (shadowing)
- and/or through combinations of the above options.
Using Microsoft system management
A separate set of documentation for Windows system management is available from Microsoft. We do not recommend that you configure the thin client via Windows system management because the settings cannot be saved in a profile and will not be retained during an update with a snapshot.
With the local IGEL Setup
If you are logged on as an administrator, you can open the IGEL setup applications from the Windows start menu. The setup structure is similar to that on the IGEL Linux thin clients and in the IGEL Universal Management Suite (IGEL UMS). An icon for launching the setup application can be placed on the desktop.
user by default. However, parts of the setup can be made available to the restricted user so that they can, for example, select the keyboard layout or system language themselves.
To launch the setup (after logging on as an administrator or if setup pages are available for the user), proceed as follows:
- Click on the Setup symbol in the taskbar or
- Click on the Setup application in the start menu or
- Place a symbol for the Setup on the desktop (Setup > Accessories > Setup Session > Start Options).
To end the setup, proceed as follows:
- Click on Apply to save the changes you have made.
- Click on OK to save your changes and close the application.
- Click on Cancel to close the application without saving your changes.