Download page Getting Started with the Zoom Media Plugins for VDI on IGEL OS.
Getting Started with the Zoom Media Plugins for VDI on IGEL OS
You have the following options to edit the configuration of your IGEL OS 12 device:
- via the IGEL UMS Web App:
- Configuration > Create new profile (Use the App Selector to select one or several apps which will be configured by the profile.)
- Apps > [name of the app] > Create new profile (used to quickly configure a profile for the selected app. It is also possible to add other apps which will be configured by this profile)
- Devices > [name of the device] > Edit Configuration (In the device configurator, all installed apps are displayed under the tab Apps.)
- via IGEL Setup locally on the device (shows all installed apps. Apps are displayed under the tab Apps)
The best practice to configure your devices is via profiles. For details on how to create profiles, see How to Create and Assign Profiles in the IGEL UMS Web App.
Zoom Media Plugins for VDI Version 5.13 Required for IGEL OS 12.01.100 or Higher
Make sure to select version 5.13 of the Zoom Media Plugins for VDI. Version 5.11 and 5.12 will not work with IGEL OS 12.01.100 or higher.
As the Zoom Media Plugin for VDI handles multimedia redirection but is not a standalone application, it cannot be used on its own. At least one of the following apps must be installed and configured as well:
- IGEL Azure Virtual Desktop
- Citrix Workspace app
- VMware Horizon Client
How to Configure the Smart Virtual Background
You can define whether the Smart Virtual Background feature can be activated by the user.
- In the profile configurator, go to Apps > ZoomVDI > Settings.
- Select the desired option and save your changes.
- Off: Smart Virtual Background cannot be activated.
- Auto: The system checks whether the hardware supports the Smart Virtual Background feature. If this is the case, the feature can be activated.
- Always: Smart Virtual Background can be activated irrespective of the hardware.
How to Disable Zoom Media Plugins for Specific Sessions
- In the profile configurator, go to Apps > ZoomVDI > Settings. and save you changes
- Deactivate Zoom VDI for the sessions in question and save your settings.