Download page Updating host assignment for job execution.
Updating host assignment for job execution
Job execution in UMS uses a thin client to UMS Server mapping to avoid multiple executions of one job with the same thin client. If a UMS Server is migrated, this mapping needs to be adjusted.
The mapping is relevant for HA installations only. In standard (single instance) installations, the host assignments do not need to be adjusted. In HA installations, follow the steps below.
- Click UMS Network > Server > [new server] in the UMS Administration tree in the UMS Console of the new server.
- Find the process ID of the new server.
- Click Misc > Scheduled Jobs > Host Assignments.
- Select the new server and check the process ID.
- Activate Show all under Available thin clients.
Select all thin clients in List View on the right side.To select all files set the focus in the list and press [Ctrl+a].
- Click the left arrow to assign the thin clients to the new host.