Menu path: UMS Administration > Global Configuration > Mail Settings
The mail settings described here are required for the following functions:
- Sending a View as Mail
- Export view result as mail
- Export results of the following administrative tasks as mail:
- Mailing of one-off passwords for IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG)
If you would like to use Gmail for sending mails, read the E-Mail Settings for Gmail Accounts How-To.
- SMTP host: Host name or IP address of the SMTP server (outbox)
- Sender address: Sender address which is to appear in UMS mails.
- Enable SMTP authentication
The UMS will log on to the SMTP server in order to send mails. The login data must be defined under SMTP user name and SMTP password.
- SMTP user name: User name when logging on to the SMTP server
- SMTP password: Password when logging on to the SMTP server
- SMTP port: Port for the connection between the UMS and the SMTP server. For unencrypted SMTP, port 25 is used by default. For SMTP SSL, the default is port 465 and for STARTTLS it is port 587.
- Enable SMTP-SSL
The mails will be sent with SMTPS encryption.
- Enable SMTP-STARTTLS
TLS encryption for transporting mails will be enabled in accordance with the STARTTLS procedure.
- Send Test Mail: If you click on this button, the UMS will send a test mail.
You have two options:
- Test mail will be sent to the sender address (no sender address configured) (Default)
- Send test mail to the following address
- Result: Indicates whether the test mail was sent successfully. If the mail was sent successfully, the text will be highlighted in green. If not, it will be highlighted in red.
- Mail recipients: Mail addresses to which the result mails for administrative tasks and the service mails are sent. If you enter a number of addresses, you must separate them using a semicolon ";".