To perform an update under Linux, proceed as follows:
Create a backup of the database before updating a previously installed version of the UMS. Otherwise, you risk losing all database content.
- Download the current version of the IGEL Universal Management Suite from the IGEL Download Server.
Log in as
Open a terminal emulator such as xterm and switch to the directory in which the installation file
Check whether the installation file is executable. If not, it can be made executable with the following command:
chmod u+x setup*.bin
Execute the installation file.
The installer unzips the files into the
/tmpdirectory, starts the included Java Virtual Machine and removes the temporary files once the installation has been completed.You can cancel the installation at any time by pressing the [Esc] key twice.
- Read and confirm the license agreement.
- Read the explanation of the installation process.
- Under Destination directory, select the directory in which the UMS is to be installed. (Default:
- Under Database backup, select a file for the backup of the existing embedded database. If you have already created a backup, you can select No (continue) in order to skip this step.
- Under Installation type, select the scope of installation:
- Complete: UMS Server and UMS Console
- Client only: UMS Console only
- HA net: High Availability configuration
- Select the Runlevels in which the UMS server is to run.
- Specify whether you would like to create shortcuts for the UMS Console and UMS Administrator in the menu.
Check the summary of the installation settings and start the procedure by selecting Start installation.
During a UMS upgrade, e.g. from 6.01 to 6.02, the database schema is changed by the installer. With large production databases, this process can last up to 2 hours. Do not abort the installation during this time.
Once the installation procedure is complete, open the UMS Console via the menu or with the command
- Connect the UMS Console to the UMS Server with the help of the existing access data.