Download page Recycle Bin.
Menu path: Structure tree > Recycle Bin
In the IGEL Universal Management Suite, you can move objects to the Recycle Bin instead of permanently deleting them straight away. The Recycle Bin is enabled or disabled globally for all UMS users.
Enable the Recycle Bin in the administration area under Misc Settings > Enable Recycle Bin.
If an object in the structure tree is deleted (Delete function in the symbol bar, in the context menu or the [Del] key), it will be moved to the Recycle Bin following confirmation.
Directories are moved to the Recycle Bin along with their sub-folders and all elements and can therefore be restored again as a complete structure. You will find the UMS Recycle Bin as the lowest node in the UMS Console structure tree. Elements in the Recycle Bin can be permanently deleted there or restored. To do this, bring up the context menu for an element in the Recycle Bin.
Virtually all elements from the UMS structure tree can be moved to the Recycle Bin: devices, profiles, views, tasks, files, and their directories. Shared Workplace users cannot be deleted, while administrator accounts (in account management) and search history elements can only be deleted permanently (with [Shift-Del]). The highest nodes in the structure tree cannot be deleted either. However, this procedure will affect all deletable elements beneath this node!
- Objects in the Recycle Bin cannot be found via the search function or views and cannot be addressed by scheduled tasks.
- Devices in the Recycle Bin will not receive any new settings from the UMS but will remain registered in the UMS and can be restored again from the Recycle Bin along with all assigned profiles.
- The fact that profiles in the Recycle Bin are no longer effective means that the settings for devices may change. Profiles previously assigned to devices will be reactivated if they are restored again.
- Planned tasks, views and search queries in the Recycle Bin will not be executed.
- At the same time, assigned profiles, files, views, and firmware updates in the Recycle Bin are not active.