Download page Create Firmware Customization.
Create Firmware Customization
To create a Firmware Customization, proceed as follows:
- Move the cursor to Firmware Customization in the structure tree.
- Select Create New Firmware Customization in the context menu.
The Firmware Customization Details dialog window will appear.
- Give a Name for this firmware customization.
- Select an Use case. The following can be selected:
- Click on Next.
The Firmware customization assignment dialog window will appear.
- Highlight one or more directories or devices and click on in order to assign the firmware customization.
- Click on Done.
The firmware customizations created are listed in the structure tree under the Firmware customizations node. If you click on a firmware customization, the associated files and assigned objects will be shown.
The files used in a firmware customization are marked with a.
The settings for an Use case can be enabled or disabled for a firmware customization as you will already know from the profiles:
The parameter is inactive and will not be configured by the firmware customization.
The parameter is active and the set value will be configured by the firmware customization.