Before starting the update procedure, read Updating UMS.
Create a backup of the database before updating a previously installed version of the UMS. Otherwise, you risk losing all database content.
For the proper operation of the UMS with Oracle databases, particularly for the upgrade process, the number of
open_cursors for the database must be adjusted.
open_cursors is a system setting.
- To get the actual value, log in to the database as
SQL> select name, value from v$parameter where name = 'open_cursors';
- The recommended value for
open_cursorsis "3000". To set the value, issue the following command as
SQL> alter system set open_cursors = 3000 scope=both;
- The same command should be added to the
SPFILEof the Oracle system in order for the changes to persist on the next reboot.
To perform an update under Linux, proceed as follows:
- Download the current version of the IGEL Universal Management Suite from the IGEL Download Server.
Log in as
Open a terminal emulator such as xterm and switch to the directory in which the installation file
Check whether the installation file is executable. If not, it can be made executable with the following command:
chmod u+x setup*.bin
Execute the installation file.
The installer unzips the files into the
/tmpdirectory, starts the included Java Virtual Machine and removes the temporary files once the installation has been completed.
You can cancel the installation at any time by pressing the [Esc] key twice.
- Read and confirm the license agreement.
- Read the explanation of the installation process.
- Under Destination directory, select the directory in which the UMS is to be installed. (Default:
- Under Database backup, select a file for the backup of the existing embedded database. If you have already created a backup, you can select No (continue) in order to skip this step.
- Under Installation type, select the scope of installation:
- Choose whether the UMS Web App should be installed.
- Confirm the system requirements dialog if your system fulfills them.
- Specify whether you would like to create shortcuts for the UMS Console and UMS Administrator in the menu.
Check the summary of the installation settings and start the procedure by selecting Start installation.
During a UMS upgrade, e.g. from 6.04 to 6.05, the database schema is changed by the installer. With large production databases, this process can last up to 2 hours. Do not abort the installation during this time.
Once the installation procedure is complete, open the UMS Console via the menu or with the command
It is generally NOT recommended to execute the command
sudo. On Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8,
RemoteManager.shcan be executed only without
- Connect the UMS Console to the UMS Server with the help of the existing access data.