Menu path: UMS Administration > Administrative Tasks > Dialog "Create Administrative Task" > Action "Delete logging data"
You can define the deletion of UMS message and event logs as an administrative task.
Name: Name for the task.
Action: "Delete logging data".
Description: Optional description of the task.
Send result as mail
The result of the task will be sent to the specified recipients via email.
The following two options are active if Send result as mail is enabled:
Send to default recipient (not defined)
The email will be sent to the email address defined under Mail Settings > Mail Recipient. Further information can be found under Mail Settings.
Additional recipients: Other email addresses to which the email will be sent. If you enter a number of addresses, you must separate them using a semicolon ";".
The task will be executed at the set time. (Default)
The task will not be executed.
Target directory for export files: Local directory path on the UMS Server in which the backup files are saved. If you leave the field empty, the directory
\rmguiserver\temp will be used. The file names will be formed as follows:
The following deletion settings specify which data from the Delete logging data administrative task are deleted. The deletion settings only take effect if this administrative task is executed.
Log message deletion settings
- Keep no more than [number] messages: When this administrative task is executed, the oldest log entries will be deleted so that the number of log entries set here is retained. (Default: 10,000)
Example: In the UMS, 100 log entries are saved. In the administrative task, Keep no more than 10 messages is set. When the administrative task is executed, the 90 oldest log entries will be deleted while the 10 newest log entries will be retained.
- Delete messages older than [number] days: Message log entries that are older than the number of days specified here will be deleted. (Default: 5)
Log event deletion settings
- Keep no more than [number] events: The oldest event log entries will be deleted so that the number of event log entries set here is retained. (Default: 10,000)
Example: In the UMS, 100 event log entries are saved. In the administrative task, Keep no more than 10 events is set. When the administrative task is executed, the 90 oldest event log entries will be deleted while the 10 newest event log entries will be retained.
- Delete events older than [number] days: Event log entries that are older than the number of days specified here will be deleted. (Default: 5)
- "One server (random)": The server for this task will be automatically selected from the servers listed under Assigned servers.
- "One server (select one)": You can select a specific server for this task. The available servers are listed under Assigned servers.
- "All servers": The task will be executed by all servers.
Assigned servers: List of servers that are available for this task.
Start: Point in time at which the task is executed.
Task starts every [number of time units]
The task will be repeated at the set time interval.
The task will not be repeated at the set time interval.
Weekdays: The task will be executed on the activated weekdays at the point in time specified under Start.
Monthly: The task will be executed monthly at the point in time specified under Start.
Exclude public holidays: The task will not be executed on the days listed in the public holiday lists selected via . Further information on the public holiday lists can be found in the menu bar under Misc > Scheduled Jobs, see Menu Bar of the IGEL UMS Console.
Expiration: Point in time as of which the task will no longer be repeated.
Administrative Task Notification
If you have not set an administrative task "Delete Logging Data", after the start of the UMS Console, the following notification pop-up will be shown:
Only users with read permission for administrative tasks can see this notification. You can set the rights under Edit > Access control.
You can manage the display settings under Misc > Settings > Notifications.
You can find the notifications under Help > Notifications.