Download page Updating Host Assignment for Job Execution.
Updating Host Assignment for Job Execution
Job execution in the UMS uses a device to UMS Server mapping to avoid multiple executions of one job with the same device. If a UMS Server is migrated, this mapping needs to be adjusted.
The mapping is relevant for HA installations only. In standard (single instance) installations, the host assignments do not need to be adjusted. In HA installations, follow the steps below.
- In the UMS Console, go to UMS Administration > UMS Network > Server > [new server].
- Find the process ID of the new server.
- In the menu bar of the UMS Console, select Misc > Scheduled Jobs > Host Assignment.
- Select the new server and check the process ID.
- Under Available devices, activate Show all.
In List View on the right side, select all devices.To select all devices, set the focus in the list and press [Ctrl+a].
- Click the left arrow to assign the devices to the new host.